There is no doubt that face-to-face education provides much more than knowledge – it is an opportunity to implement practical exercises, make social contacts, and enjoy pleasant emotions with friends. But in the last two years, we’ve all had to learn online – this has had its good and bad sides. But the most important thing is that we also learned a lot from that experience.
In October our team organized a youth essay competition and we invited young people who have gone through the experience of studying online to share their thoughts and opinions on the positive and negative of online education and possibly suggest ideas and good practices on how it could be improved. We have received a number of great essays and the task to choose the winners was really hard. After several days of active evaluation, analysis and intensive discussion, we are happy to announce the results.
Essays submitted in English:
1st Place – Victorien Coiffard – 20 years old
2nd Place – Ali Shirmohammadi – 23 years old
3rd Place – Vladimir Schmadlak – 19 years old
Essays submitted in Bulgarian:
1st Place – Defne Mustafa – 14 years old
2nd Place – Vasilena Harseva
3rd Place – Alexandra Pavlova – 15 years old
We would like to express our gratitude to all other participants for their time and for the great thoughts you have shared! It was really inspiring to read your works!
- Saif Ayman Fathi Mohamed Metwally – 20 years old
- Arshia Darvish – 19 years old
- Diana Markova – 20 years old
- Andrey Chasovskoy – 21 years old
- Vasil Aleksandrov – 28 years old
- Islam Hazem Elshakhs – 28 years old
- Ina Stoeva – 15 years old
- Karina Shumanova – 24 years old
- Velina Georgieva – 14 years old
- Esil Shukrieva – 19 years old
- Mirela Nikolova – 19 years old
- Liliya Atanasova – 18 years old
- Volen Savov
- Erhan Sabushev – 17 years old
- Krasimira Nikolova – 19 years old
- Svetla Sivkova – 30 years old
In the next few days we will contact all winners to arrange how they will receive their prizes.
This initiative is implemented in the framework of the project “Student Council Initiatives at VUM, supported by the Varna Municipality.”