Varna University of Management is Hosting The First Partners’ Meeting Of The BEEHIVE Project
Shortly after the successful completion of the La MANCHE project, co-ordinated by VUM as part of the Erasmus+ Programme, our university is proud to be taking part in another international partnership. The new project is called BEEHIVE, Building Entrepreneurial Ecosystems to Enhance Higher Education Value-Added for Better Graduate Employability. It’s financed by the Erasmus+ Programme and its aim is to build a sustainable university-based entrepreneurial ecosystem among the participating higher education institutions. We are very happy that Varna University of Management is the coordinating institution and the full list of the project partners is:
- Varna University of Management – Bulgaria
- University of Thessaly – Greece
- Reykjavik University – Iceland
- Marconi University – Italy
- Innovation & Management Centre WestBIC – Ireland
- Universitas Indonesia – Indonesia
- Universitas Bina Nusantara – Indonesia
- University of Asia & the Pacific Foundation – Philippines
- Mapua Institute of Technology – Philippines
- Universitas Sancti Aloysii – Philippines
- IdeaSpace Foundation – Philippines
The duration of the BEEHIVE project is set for 36 months, and by December 2019 we hope to have transformed the Partner Countries higher education institutions into entrepreneurial universities. This will result in improving their students’ and graduates’ employability, but also their ability to create jobs and new businesses. Throughout the implementation of the project, the partnering institutions will be working together to help build students’ entrepreneurial and business skills, as well as their ability to create self-employment and start-up opportunities.
This week (13-17th February) Varna University of Management is hosting the first partners’ meeting of the BEEHIVE project. Representatives of all participating higher education institutions are our guests in Varna, and on Friday they will visit VUM’s Dobrich campus as well. During the week there are a series of meetings and discussions, which are building the action plan of the project.