The cooperation between Varna University of Management (VUM), Bulgaria and Cardiff Metropolitan University (Cardiff Met), UK provides our students the opportunity to graduate with two Bachelor degrees – Bulgarian from VUM and British from Cardiff Met, after successful completion of 6 semesters in the English taught programmes at VUM. Our students are benefiting from this opportunity for already 12 years. The cooperation gives an additional opportunity to the VUM students to study in the Cardiff Met’s MBA (Master of Business Administration) programme in Bulgaria.
Varna University of Management’s academic partner – Cardiff Met is an internationally recognized institute of higher education, which has four campuses and over 11.000 students from 125 countries. In an actual fact, the Faculty of Management is the largest MBA Faculty in the United Kingdom. At present, this particular faculty is represented by a few affiliated institutions in several countries around the globe among which is Bulgaria – through the partnership between Cardiff Met and VUM.
Cardiff Met has been established in the year 1865 and in 2007 Cardiff Met was the first British University to be awarded the Government’s Charter Mark for Excellence for the fifth time.
Cardiff Met degrees serve as a spring board for successful graduates. Most of them – over 95% – occupy managerial positions in various international organizations within six months of completing their studies.
The latest achievements of our strategic partner give an additional boost in the confidence of the students with rankings and prizes which are absolutely deserved:
- Cardiff Met has been shortlisted in the prestigious ‘University of the Year’ category by the Times Higher Education awards 2021
- The Guardian rankings published last Saturday, Cardiff Met had another strong performance in The Guardian University Guide this year climbing 10 places to a ranking of 62 out of 121 in the UK, and third in Wales after Cardiff University and Swansea University. This excellent result follows on from the University highest ever rise of 41 places in last year’s guide.
- The Guardian league table ranked Cardiff Met Biosciences degrees 9th from 102 universities in the UK and top in Wales, whilst our Health Professions programmes were rated as 12th out of 71 in the UK. Staying with the health professions theme, we were notified that our Clinical and Health Courses have been ranked in the 501 – 600 global band for the second year in a row in the World University Rankings.
- As per The Sunday Times Good University Guide published in September 2021, Cardiff Met maintained its position of 79 out of 135 universities in the UK, for the second consecutive year, following a large rise of 33 places in the 2020 edition of the guide.
- Cardiff Met joins Loughborough and Oxford in top 10 UK Universities – as ranked by students – August 2021
Cardiff Metropolitan University has ranked best in Wales and seventh in the UK in the Uni Compare Top 100 university rankings 2021. Climbing 51 places to 7th overall in the UK (up from 58th in 2020), Cardiff Met is the biggest mover on the list ahead of University of Sheffield, Liverpool John Moores University, and the University of Birmingham. (https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/news/Pages/uni-compare-rankings-2021.aspx )
- Complete University Guide – Cardiff Met is 2nd Highest Climber in the UK ( June 2021)
Cardiff Metropolitan University has recorded another strong year in the major league tables, becoming the second highest UK climber in the 2022 Complete University Guide. https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/news/Pages/Complete-University-Guide-2022.aspx