Why be a part of our Software Engineering Programme?
The Bachelor Degree “Software Engineering” programme focuses mainly on programming languages, operating systems and advanced data structures. The first of its type in Bulgaria, synchronised with the standards of IEEE!
The Bachelor programme in Software Engineering is centered around giving the students solid foundation in the field of computer engineering in order to start a job as a professional software engineer and developer. You will acquire in-depth knowledge within software specifications, design, tools and methodologies for software development.
The cooperation between Varna University of Management, Bulgaria and Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK provides our students the opportunity to graduate with two Bachelor degrees - Bulgarian Bsc and Cardiff Metropolitan University whose Software Engineering program is professionally accredited by "BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT" UK after successful completion of 6 semesters in the English taught programme at VUM, Bulgaria.
- CAREER PATHS -
Where will our Software Engineering program will take you?
- UPCOMING MODULES -
Modules that will be taught starting from 2018/2019 Academic Year
- CURRICULUM -
List of Courses and Subjects
- ADVPR Advanced Programming
- ANBUSINTELL Analytics & Business Intelligence
- CLSSCR Client-side scripting
- COMARCH Computer architectures & operating systems
- COMGRAPH Computer Graphics
- COMINTELL Computational Intelligence
- COS Computing and Society
- CYBSEC Cyber Security
- DATAKNLMAN Data & Knowledge Management
- DATASTR Data Structures and Algorithms
- DEVQSS1 Developing Quality Software & Systems I
- DEVQSS2 Developing Quality Software & Systems II
- DEVQSS3 Developing Quality Software & Systems III
- DIGSEC Digital Security
- DIP_PB Diploma project *
- DIPSEM_PB Diploma seminar
- EMPL Employability and career development
- INTSYS Intelligent Systems
- LAN1 English
- LAN2 English
- LAN3 English
- MANPRJIT Management of IT Projects
- MATHCOM Mathematics for Computing
- MOBTECH Mobile Technologies
- MULTIM1 Multimedia
- MULTIM2 Advanced Multimedia
- NETCOM Networks & Communications
- OOS2 Object-oriented systems 2
- PARDISTSYS Parallel & Distributed Systems
- PRCPR Programming Fundamentals
- PROFETH Professional and Ethical Issues in Information Systems
- RMCOM Research Methods for Computing & IS
- SOFTDES Software Design - advanced object oriented analysis, design and programming
- SOFTENGMOD Software engineering models (system analysis & design)
- SOFTENGPROC Software engineering processes
- SOFTMET Software Metrics - tools and methodologies
- SOFTQENG Software Quality Engineering
- SPECREQ Specifications and Requirements
- WEBPR Web Programming
Professor of Software Engineering and Software Engineering Executive with 20+ years in the Software industry
An expert in software process improvement and software engineering technologies with two decades experience as a software engineer, a software architect, a CIO, a CTO, a Director of Software Engineering, a professor, an author, and a consultant, focusing on software engineering issues. The fifth most influential scientist in the world, with the largest contribution in the field of Quantum Algorithms - in the ranking of Google Scholar.
Technologies: Data Collection and Data Cloud Visualization, SOA, DBMS, ETL, ODBC, Database replication, BI, Monitoring, Reporting, Analytics; File, Application & System Cloning Systems; Cryptography, Security, Digital Signature, PKI; Network Discovery, VLAN; UI, Diagramming tools; Source Control & Change Management Systems.
Programming languages: Basic in Haskell, OCaml, Scala, Erlang, Scheme. Fluent in PHP, Python (numpy, scikit-klearn, pandas), Java, C++, C#, Objective-C, jQuery, SQL, NoSQL.
Преподава: Developing Quality Software & Systems
Software and Application Developer, application designer, and project manager in a wide variety of web based applications.
Highly skilled in development of ASP.Net web applications, e-commerce sites, content and document management systems.
Always interested in last news about ASP.NET, SQL Server, building application architecture approaches and project management.
Particularly interested in Java, spring, hibernate, json and prototype as part of present projects.
Experienced quality assurance with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in WebDriver, Fiddler, Selenium WebDriver, C#. Strong quality assurance professional with a Bachelor's degree focused in Computer Systems and Technologies.