WHY AN MBA AT VUM?
Varna University of Management (VUM) is the only educational institution in Bulgaria offering a British MBA program entirely delivered in Bulgaria. We offer one of the very few opportunities to study international management in a real international environment. The educational program is fully delivered in English and lead to the award of two degrees - one from VUM, Bulgaria and a second one from our strategic academic partner Cardiff Metropolitan University in the UK.
The long-term efforts and work of VUM academic community have been internationally recognized and validated. In 2019, in terms of student mobility VUM was ranked 1st worldwide by the independent ranking system U-Multirank and the MBA programme was ranked 5th in Central and Eastern Europe by Eduniversal Best Masters ranking system.
The courses are taught entirely in English. Classes are small and encourage crosscultural dialogue and personal connections. As a leading business school in Eastern Europe, VUM has the exceptional privilege to educate students from start to graduation in programmes leading to Cardiff Metropolitan University’s British degree. And this is without the usual requirement for students to spend a year in the UK. VUM students follow a synchronized curriculum with Cardiff Metropolitan University and have to meet the same high standards in learning and examinations.
Depending on the chosen location of study, classes are scheduled on Thursday and Friday evenings (after 5:30 p.m.) and on Saturdays (09:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), which allows students to carry out their professional duties while studying.
• Accounting for Decision Makers (10 ECTS)
• Marketing in a Global Context (10 ECTS)
• Operations Management (10 ECTS)
• Strategic Management (10 ECTS)
• Financial Management (10 ECTS)
• Buyer Behaviour and Relationship Marketing (10 ECTS)
• Ethical Research Issues (5 ECTS)
• Dissertation (15 ECTS)
• Brand Management (10 ECTS)
• Project Management (10 ECTS)
• Revenue Management (10 ECTS)
• Research Methods (10 ECTS)
• Public Finance (10 ECTS)
• Innovation Management (10 ECTS)
* The elective modules are offered when requested by a certain number of students.
• Agrotourism (5 ECTS)
• Introduction to Agribusiness (5 ECTS)
• E- Business in the Agrarian Sector (5 ECTS)
• Crop Production (5 ECTS)
• Management Consulting in Agribusiness (5 ECTS)
• Computer Networks (5 ECTS)
• Business Applications (5 ECTS)
• Introduction to Multimedia Applications and Internet (5 ECTS)
• Robonomics (5 ECTS)
• Next foreign language (5 ECTS)
• Underwater Cultural Heritage (5 ECTS)
• Ethnology (5 ECTS)
• Folklore (5 ECTS)
• Marine Biology (5 ECTS)
• MBA Project Management
• MBA Product Development Management
• MBA Health Sector Management
• MBA Marketing
• MBA International Finance
• MBA Human Resources
There are many benefits of obtaining MBA degree and the most significant one is the great career opportunities in today’s corporate world. By completing the MBA program at VUM, you are not only practically prepared for successful professional realization in the areas of marketing and advertising, finance, accounting, human resources, but also can use the accumulated experience and knowledge as a starting point for taking higher management positions in your area of professional development. The MBA diploma opens up opportunities for leadership positions in all areas of business. Some of the top MBA careers include positions in public relations, advertising, sales, marketing, and event management.
At VUM we prepare our MBA students for the highly competitive global labour market and provide them with practical advice and expertise. VUM maintains excellent contacts with business partners in Bulgaria, Europe, the USA, and more, thanks to which our graduates have the opportunity to spend up their practical training and to successfully start their career in various partner institutions and organizations all over the world.