This postgraduate course has been designed to meet the needs of tourism industry managers, executives and other hospitality and tourism professionals
Varna University of Management (VUM) is one of the leading educational institutions with more than 20 years of tradition to train and develop leaders in the field of tourism and hospitality. We offer one of the few opportunities to study international tourism in a real international environment. The educational program is fully delivered in English and lead to the award of two degrees - one from VUM and a second one from our strategic academic partner Cardiff Metropolitan University in the UK.
The long-term efforts and work of VUM academic community have been internationally recognized and validated. In 2018, in terms of student mobility VUM was ranked 1st worldwide by the independent ranking system U-Multirank and the International Hospitality and Tourism Management programme was ranked 17th worldwide by Eduniversal Best Masters ranking system.
The courses are taught entirely in English. Classes are small and encourage crosscultural dialogue and personal connections. As a leading business school in Eastern Europe, VUM has the exceptional privilege to educate students from start to graduation in programmes leading to Cardiff Metropolitan University’s British degree. And this is without the usual requirement for students to spend a year in the UK. VUM students follow a synchronized curriculum with Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK and have to meet the same high standards in learning and examinations.
Classes are scheduled on Thursday and Friday evenings (from 5:30 p.m.) and on Saturdays (09:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), which allows students to carry out their professional duties while studying.
• Tourism, Hospitality and Event Industries in Context (10 ECTS)
• Exploring Hospitality and Tourism Landscapes (10 ECTS)
• Research methods (10 ECTS)
• Dissertation (15 ECTS)
• Ethical Research Issues (5 ECTS)
• English for Academic Writing (10 ECTS)
• Internship (10 ECTS)
• Industry Project Management (10 ECTS)
• Understanding the Behavioural Elements of Marketing: Knowing Your Consumer (10 ECTS)
• Revenue Management (10 ECTS)
• Digital Marketing in the Tourism Industry (10 ECTS)
• Management of Finance in Tourism, Hospitality and Event Industries (10 ECTS)
• Market Segmentation and Positioning the Tourism (10 ECTS)
• Innovation Management in the Tourism (10 ECTS)
• Leadership and Change Management (10 ECTS)
• Accounting for Decision Makers (10 ECTS)
• Operations Management (10 ECTS)
* The elective modules are offered when requested by a certain number of students.
• Agrotourism (5 ECTS)
• Introduction to Agribusiness (5 ECTS)
• E- Business in the Agrarian Sector (5 ECTS)
• Crop Production (5 ECTS)
• Management Consulting in Agribusiness (5 ECTS)
• Computer Networks (5 ECTS)
• Business Applications (5 ECTS)
• Introduction to Multimedia Applications and Internet (5 ECTS)
• Robonomics (5 ECTS)
• Next foreign language (5 ECTS)
• Underwater Cultural Heritage (5 ECTS)
• Ethnology (5 ECTS)
• Folklore (5 ECTS)
• Marine Biology (5 ECTS)
There are many benefits of obtaining Master of International Hospitality and Tourism Management degree at VUM and the most significant one is the great career opportunities for tourism and hospitality professionals. VUM`s graduates become managers, leaders, and entrepreneurs within all the sectors of the hospitality and tourism industry in different parts of the world. By completing the IHTM program they are practically prepared for successful professional and career development in official tourist organizations, logistic companies and agencies, hotels and hotel chains, tour operators and travel agencies, governmental and international institutions and organizations acting in the sphere of tourism management not only in Bulgaria but worldwide.
At VUM we prepare our Master of International Hospitality and Tourism Management students for the highly competitive global labour market and provide them with practical advice and expertise. VUM maintains excellent contacts with business partners in Bulgaria, Europe, the USA, and more, thanks to which our graduates have the opportunity to spend up their practical training and to successfully start their career in various partner institutions and organizations all over the world.