Dear students and faculty staff,
Varna University of Management is closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The health, safety, and well-being of our community remains our top priority.
On the grounds of Order No. РД-01-124 / 13.03.2020 of the Minister of Health, VUM has taken the necessary steps effective from March 13 and until further notice:
- Lectures are transitioning to online instruction for all graduate and undergraduate classes until 29.03.2020 for now (order V-00028/12.03.2020 of the VUM Rector). You will receive up-to-date information from our Students Affairs office.
- Students who need to remain on campus/dormitory for extenuating circumstances will also receive instructions remotely and must prepare for limited on-campus activities and interactions.
- All personal national and international nonessential travel is strongly discouraged.
- Аll students, faculty and staff of Varna University of Management should comply with the internal hygiene instructions and rules.
- All faculty and administration staff will be at student disposal via email. Contact information can be found here.
- The Cash desk on both campuses will not receive students until further notice. All payments shall be transferred onto the bank accounts announced on VUM´s website.
- Student admission and enrollment process will be fully online. To apply online, please follow this link. For questions and further information on the admission process and application steps and requirements, contact VUM Admission Office at email@example.com.
Coronavirus symptoms may include fever, muscle or body aches, sore throat and cough, fatigue and headaches. Those experiencing these symptoms should seek medical attention.
We encourage all students to follow the recommendations of:
Up-to-date information is currently available only in Bulgarian. For further information, you can always check with VUM or your colleagues and friends who speak Bulgarian.
Relevant informative points for students in Order No. РД-01-124 / 13.03.2020 of the Minister of Health:
- Visits to entertainment and gambling halls, clubs, bars, shopping centers, catering establishments, except grocery stores, pharmacies and drugstores shall be suspended;
- Classes and all extracurricular activities (extracurricular classes and schools, clubs, excursions, etc.) at schools and other education institutions and organizations hall be suspended; When possible, e-learning shall be implemented.
- All group forms of activity and work with children and students, outside the system of pre-school and school education, which are organized and conducted by individuals and legal entities, regardless of their legal and organizational form shall be suspended;
- All kinds of mass events, including sports, cultural and entertaining and scientific events (cinemas, theaters, concerts, museums, conferences, symposia, sports and SPA centers, gyms, etc.) shall be suspended;
- All employers, depending on the specifics and scope of the respective work activity, shall introduce a remote form of work for their employees. When this is not possible, employers shall arrange enhanced anti-epidemic measures in the work premises, including filters, disinfection and ventilation, personal hygiene instructions and shall prevent employees or outsiders with acute infectious diseases;
Important phone numbers:
Hotline of the Bulgarian Ministry of Health for questions regarding COVID-19: +359 2 807 87 57
VUM Student Welfare department: firstname.lastname@example.org