The degree in Hotel management has more than 20-years of history. Hundreds of graduates have entered the hospitality industry in Bulgaria and over 50 other countries around the globe.
Besides a bachelor’s degree from Varna University of Management the graduates of this course obtain a second diploma BA (Hons) in International Hospitality Management from our partner Cardiff Metropolitan University. VUM takes 1st place for student internships in the field of tourism, according to the academic ratings of Ministry of Education in Bulgaria in 2015.
The Hotel Management programme is designed to provide a wide array of skills and knowledge, which are necessary for every manager in the field of tourism.
Graduates of hospitality management degree program can find work as Front desk managers, Housekeeping managers, Restaurant managers, etc. or in a wide variety of other hospitality industry careers. Managers in the hospitality industry use their skills in business, human resources and customer service to coordinate staff members and give guests an excellent experience.
After graduation our graduates take up employment opportunities in official tourist organisations, transportation companies, hotels, tour operating and travel agency companies, government and other organisations where knowledge of tourism management is important.
All students in this programme have two obligatory internships during their education. These internships last minimum 2 months, maximum 3-4 months and take place in tourist organizations, a high class hotel chains, tour operators and tourist agencies.
DOUBLE DEGREE OPTIONS*:
- Bulgarian Professional/Academic Bachelor Degree in “Hotel Management”, issued by Varna University of Management and British Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA(Hons)) in “International Hospitality Management”, issued by Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
Note: you study all three years at VUM Bulgaria.
- If a student prior to their third year of studies chooses to relocate to Business and Hotel Management School, Switzerland they can receive upon graduation a Bulgarian Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management from VUM and a Swiss Diploma in Hotel management diploma from Business and Hotel Management School, Switzerland.
VUM students are subject to special terms and rates at VUM’s partner universities.
*available for full time students only
LOCATION AND TYPE OF STUDY
LOCATION: VUM campuses in Varna and Dobrich.
TYPE OF STUDY: All accepted students are going to be enrolled as full-time students. Classes for Varna campus are scheduled on evening times during the week (from 18:00 – 21:00h) and on Saturdays (09:00-16:00h), which allows them to carry out their professional duties while studying.
STARTING DATE OF THE PROGRAMME AND LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
STARTING DATE: Classes of each new academic year starts in the beginning of October, second semester intake is in February
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: English
3 years (6 semesters) for full time students who would like to graduate with Bulgarian Professional Bachelor Degree “Hotel Management”, issued by Varna University of Management and British Bachelor Degree of Arts “International Hospitality Management”, issued by Cardiff Metropolitan.
4 years (8 semesters) for full time students who would like to obtain Bulgarian Academic Bachelor Degree in “Hotel Management”, issued by Varna University of Management and British Bachelor Degree of Arts “International Hospitality Management”, issued by Cardiff Metropolitan.
The “Hotel Management” programme is accredited by the Bulgarian National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency in the academic field of “Administration and Management”.
The core modules of the programme are:
- Economics and business environment
- Marketing and business communications
- Foreign Languages: (English as a main one and second foreign language)
- Research and Statistics
- Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Tourism
- Hotel Operations Management
- Entrepreneurship (upon selection)
- F&B Management (upon selection)
- Hotel Design and Maintenance (upon selection)
- Conferences, Exhibitions and Corporate events (upon selection)
- Strategic Management in Hospitality
During the fifth semester of their education, students should select 3 out of 5 disciplines for their specialised modules:
Specialised module 1:
- Digital Consumer Experience
- Branding, advertising and contemporary consumption in tourism
- Public Relations and Sponsorship
- Corporate Finance in Hospitality
- Employee Resourcing
Find detailed programme specification here.
The lecturers team is consisted of VUM lecturers approved by the British academic partner Cardiff Metropolitan University (Cardiff Met), along with guest speakers from the UK. The contents of all examinations passed through the prior approval of the Quality Committee of Cardiff Met. VUM students receive their user names and passwords in order to access the free educational materials in the beginning of each academic year. The online information access connects them with enlarge basis of global electronic database containing the necessary books, materials and research articles. All teaching methods and resources are entirely tired with the academic partner of VUM – Cardiff Mett.
In order to start your application process, please send us the following documents:
- A completed application form
- A copy of your High degree diploma
- A copy of your English Language Certificate (if available) or arranging a date for an entrance English exam at VUM
Find here, a detailed list of all the necessary documents.
Collect all documents, scan them and send them via e-mail on: email@example.com for studying in Varna or Dobrich campus.
After having a look at your application, we get in touch with you to inform you about our feedback.