The purpose of the master’s program “Fight against corruption and conflict of interest – legal and economic aspects” at the Varna University of Management (VUM) is to provide professional knowledge, skills and competencies in the field of legal regulation and practice of combating corruption and conflict. interests in Bulgaria. The program is a unique combination of 6 legal and 3 economic disciplines, with a focus on various aspects of the fight against corruption, conflict of interest, money laundering, corrupt practices and accounting aspects of the fight against corruption, media and corruption and marketing and image management. public institutions in Bulgaria.
This master’s program is interdisciplinary and provides knowledge and skills related to the application of the Anti-Corruption and Confiscation of Illegally Acquired Property Act, the Penal Code, the Code of Criminal Procedure, the Code of Administrative Procedure, the Anti-Money Laundering Measures Act and other regulations. acts and related accounting aspects of the fight against corruption.
The program is entirely practical and includes a large number of cases, judicial and administrative practice and practical exercises in various disciplines.
The team consists of practicing teachers with extensive experience in the field of anti-corruption.
Anyone with a bachelor’s or master’s degree can apply for the program, regardless of the degree they have completed.
The master’s program is suitable for civil servants in the executive and local authorities, judges, prosecutors and investigators, employees of the Ministry of Interior, lawyers, notaries and all others who want to acquire in-depth knowledge and skills to combat corruption and conflict of interest. .
The program covers all important aspects of the theory and practice of the fight against corruption in Bulgaria.
Development of practical skills through joint work on specific cases from the practice of teachers.
Professional lecturers with extensive experience in teaching and in the fight against corruption.
The study schedule is consistent with the employment of students. Classes are held on weekends. 8-10 weekends per semester.
Teamwork, using design thinking in solving practical cases.
The master’s program “Fight against corruption and conflict of interest – legal and economic aspects” is taught in Bulgarian. The training is held on Saturday and Sunday according to a pre-approved schedule.
An additional semester with a fee of 790 leva is provided in the curriculum for the following students:
1. Candidates with a completed specialty in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in fields of higher education, other than “Social, economic and legal sciences”;
2. Applicants with a completed specialty in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of “Social, Economic and Legal Sciences”, but in professional fields other than 3.6 Law, 3.7. Administration and Management;
3. Candidates with the completed specialty in ACS Professional bachelor in professional field 3.8 Economics.
Processing of student documents and issuance of a student book: 50 euros
You can find detailed information on scholarship opportunities, semester tuition fees and student loans here.
We at VUM offer short and clear steps for admission of candidates. The main requirements for students are high motivation, good results from the high school diploma and a good level of English language proficiency.
In the process of admission Varna University of Management strictly follows the rules and regulations of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria.
You can downoad the application form here.
For more information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
VUM prepares its masters for the highly competitive labor market by providing them with practical advice, guidance and opportunities for career development. The university maintains excellent relations with business in Bulgaria, Europe, USA, etc., which is a prerequisite for conducting practice and future realization of students in various partner institutions and organizations around the world.
1. Mechanisms of state activity for the fight against corruption and conflict of interest
2. Constitutional bases of the prevention and counteraction of corruption
3. Declaration of incompatibility, property and interests
4. Legal regime of the conflict of interests
5. Investigation of corruption crimes
6. Confiscation of illegally acquired property
7. Accounting aspects of the fight against corruption and conflict of interest
8. Media and corruption
9. Marketing and image management of public institutions