WHY INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AT VUM?
VUM’s International Business and Management Programme is designed to develop strategic thinkers with vision and unique approach on international business!
Varna University of Management (VUM) is one of the leading educational institutions offering an International Business Management Programme in Bulgaria. The educational program is fully delivered in English and lead to the award of two degrees - one from VUM and a second one from our strategic academic partner Cardiff Metropolitan University in the UK.
The program builds leaders capable of discussing economic, cultural, ethical and social issues for international business and suggesting policies of corporate social responsibility. Students acquire important theoretical knowledge in economic, management and behavioral sciences, finance, human resources, marketing and entrepreneurship, information technologies, business innovations, business ethics, administrative culture and others. Problem-based and case-based learning techniques that we apply during the course of education are related to the actual business practice and lead to creativity and innovative thinking when dealing with real cases in the business practice.
This program develops your ability to assess international investment, intercultural organizations and their integration into local contexts on one hand and into the global financial system, on the other.
VUM has an extensive and sophisticated network of international partners, where our students can carry out their obligatory practical training. Thus, they get a real opportunity to create contacts, gain skills and experience in a real environment and lay the foundations for their future successful business realization.
The courses are taught entirely in English. Classes are small and encourage crosscultural dialogue and personal connections. As a leading business school in Eastern Europe, VUM has the exceptional privilege to educate students from start to graduation in programmes leading to Cardiff Metropolitan University’s British degree. And this is without the usual requirement for students to spend a year in the UK. VUM students follow a synchronized curriculum with Cardiff Metropolitan University and have to meet the same high standards in learning and examinations.
International Business and Management is a full-time program. Classes are scheduled from Monday to Friday, including theory and practical sessions.
• Economics (10 ECTS)
• Accounting (5 ECTS)
• Business communications (5 ECTS)
• Management (5 ECTS)
• Research and statistics (5 ECTS)
• Information technologies (5 ECTS)
• Marketing and business environment (10 ECTS)
• Finance (5 ECTS)
• English (5 ECTS)
• Second foreign language (5 ECTS)
• Summer internship I (10 ECTS)
• Human Resource Management (5 ECTS)
• Organisational Behaviour (10 ECTS)
• Marketing research (5 ECTS)
• Entrepreneurship and project management (5 ECTS)
• Intercultural awareness for business (10 ECTS)
• Managerial accounting (5 ECTS)
• English (5 ECTS)
• Second foreign language (5 ECTS)
• Summer internship II (10 ECTS)
• International business management (10 ECTS)
• International business and cultural diversity (10 ECTS)
• English (10 ECTS)
• Second foreign language (10 ECTS)
• Diploma project (10 ECTS)
• Diploma seminar
• Business planning (5 ECTS)
• Fundamentals of commercial law (5 ECTS)
• Marketing communications (5 ECTS)
• Corporate social responsibility (5 ECTS)
• Social entrepreneurship (5 ECTS)
• Sustainable development (5 ECTS)
• Investment management (10 ECTS)
• International business ethics (10 ECTS)
• International and global marketing (10 ECTS)
*The elective modules and the second foreign language module are offered when requested by a certain number of students.
• Agrotourism (5 ECTS)
• Introduction to Agribusiness (5 ECTS)
• E- Business in the Agrarian Sector (5 ECTS)
• Crop Production (5 ECTS)
• Management Consulting in Agribusiness (5 ECTS)
• Computer Networks (5 ECTS)
• Business Applications (5 ECTS)
• Introduction to Multimedia Applications and Internet (5 ECTS)
• Robonomics (5 ECTS)
• Additional foreign language (5 ECTS)
• Underwater Cultural Heritage (5 ECTS)
• Ethnology (5 ECTS)
• Folklore (5 ECTS)
• Marine Biology (5 ECTS)
There are many benefits of studying in International Business and Management Programme and the most significant one is the numerous career opportunities, both in Bulgaria and abroad.
Obtaining degree in International Business Management gives the opportunity for professional realization in the management of small and medium enterprises, for occupying managerial positions in areas such as strategic management and marketing, international business planning, human resources, brand management, sales, finance and a number of other fields of world business. Successful graduates will be prepared for a wide range of positions, such as marketing and communications manager, sales manager, market analyst, project manager, human resource specialist and others.
At VUM we prepare our students for the highly competitive global labour market and provide them with practical advice and expertise. VUM maintains excellent contacts with business partners in Bulgaria, Europe, the USA, and more, thanks to which our graduates have the opportunity to spend up their practical training and to successfully start their career in various partner institutions and organizations all over the world.