Software Systems and Technologies
The Bachelor Degree “Software Systems and Technologies” programme focuses mainly on programming languages, operating systems and advanced data structures.
The first of its type in Bulgaria, synchronised with the standards of IEEE!
The Bachelor programme in “Software systems and technologies” is centred around giving the students solid foundation in the field of computer engineering in order to start a job as a professional software engineer and developer. You will acquire in-depth knowledge within software specifications, design, tools and methodologies for software development.
VUM strives to collaborate with the best IT companies or departments in Bulgaria, in order to guarantee a great career start for its students. It gives a chance to the current and prospective students who are willing to join the programme to receive scholarship for their study of up to 1000 Euro per semester and the opportunity to get paid internship during their education and full time job after their graduation. One of the biggest IT companies in Varna – Taxback is starting a joint collaboration with VUM for educating young software experts, and few more are about to come soon!
The first of its kind in Bulgaria!
- Bulgarian Professional/Academic Bachelor Degree in “Software Systems and Technologies”, issued by Varna University of Management
- Double degree option with Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK is coming soon
LOCATION AND TYPE OF STUDY
LOCATION: Varna VUM Campus.
TYPE OF STUDY: All accepted students are going to be enrolled as full-time students. Classes for Varna and Sofia campus are scheduled on evening times during the week (from 18:00 – 21:00h) and on Saturdays (09:00-16:00h), which allows them to carry out their professional duties while studying.
STARTING DATE OF THE PROGRAMME AND LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
STARTING DATE: Classes of each new academic year starts in the beginning of October, second semester intake is in February
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: English
The “Software Systems and Technologies” programme is accredited by the Bulgarian National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency in the academic field of “IT”.
The core modules of the programme are:
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Specifications of Software Systems – Standards and Requirements
- Management of Software Engineering Processes
- Management of Software Engineering Models
- Software Design and Architecture
- Development of Software Systems
- Management of Software Configurations
- Testing of Software Systems
- Software Support
Courses for software process evaluation (6 modules)
• Software Verification and Validation
• Software Metrics – Tools and Methodologies
Courses for Software Project Management (6 modules)
• Software Project Management
• Professional, Ethical and Legal Issues for Software Engineers
Practice (6 modules)
• Diploma Project
The lecturers are prominent researchers in the field of software technologies and leading practitioners from the software industry. They are practicing top experts such as IT managers, Information Security Officers, Enterprise Architects, etc. The list of lecturers includes:
- The managing Director of Global Institute for IT Management – the former CIO (IT Manager) of IBM, prof. Jerry Luftman;
- The most competent information security expert who is the only one certified with the title of Ethical Hacker in Bulgaria;
- The only certified Distinguish Enterprise architect in Bulgaria, who currently is involved in the NT2 project for the development of a new system for the Croatian government;
- Practicing business analysts with BABOK certification;
- A certified Scrum and Kanban Master;
- PMI Project Manager with over 4500 hours of managerial experience at an Executive level;
- Senior software engineers with over 10 years of experience;
- A Senior Security Officer with over 20 years of experience as an Information Security Officer at international banks and corporations;
- An expert with over 10 years of experience in QA and measuring and analysing of software metrics.
In order to start your application process, please send us the following documents:
- A completed application form
- A copy of your High degree diploma
- A copy of your English Language Certificate (if available) or arranging a date for an entrance English exam at VUM
Find here, a detailed list of all the necessary documents.
Collect all documents, scan them and send them via e-mail on: email@example.com
After having a look at your application, we will get in touch with you to inform you about our feedback.Success Stories